Join our International Research to find answers and solutions to improve safety and sustainability for non-engineered construction that not only help millions of people but also benefit the environment!
The research assignments are open to all students, professors, experts, and professionals of relevant universities and institutions:
- KEY research: Material Properties for Seismic Research
- Designs of Passive Solar Schools
- Low-Tech Passive Cooling Concepts
- Life Cycle Assessments of Alternative Materials
- Building Biology; Health Impacts of Alternative Materials
- Design Strategies for Semi-Permanent Housing (temporarily closed)
- Natural Protection of Bamboo (temporarily closed)
- Alternative Techniques in general (coming soon)
- Recycling of Construction Waste (coming soon)
- Technology Transfer in general (coming soon)
– The assignments are meant for a minimum duration of one academic year, final-year thesis students, or longer -Ph.D. candidates.
– Shorter durations or group assignments are possible but need to be discussed, please contact us for more options.
– They are being executed at your university or institute, within your own curriculum and time frame.
– If you would like to join, please fill out the Contact Form and we will get in contact with you.
Smart Shelter Research will act as the overall umbrella. We connect you with people in the field, enable an exchange of knowledge and manage the information streams.
We are a 100% open-source -program, we share, we exchange and we collaborate.