Join our International Research to find answers and solutions to improve safety and sustainability for non-engineered construction that not only help millions of people but also benefit the environment!
The research assignments are open to all students, professors, experts, and professionals of relevant universities and institutions:
- KEY research: Rubble Stone Masonry
- KEY research: The Role of Horizontal Bands
- KEY research: Optimization of Vertical Reinforcements
- Completing Confined Masonry
- Monolithic Earth
- Traditional Techniques in General (temporarily closed)
- Bhatar; Dry-stacked Stone Masonry (temporarily closed)
- Gabion Boxes (temporarily closed)
- Dry-stacked vs Mortared Interlocking Blocks (temporarily closed)
- Low-tech Foundations in General (temporarily closed)
- Cement Stabilized Earth Blocks (coming soon)
- Experimental Techniques in General (coming soon)
- Seismic Hazard Maps in general (coming soon)
– The assignments are meant for a minimum duration of one academic year, final-year thesis students, or longer -Ph.D. candidates.
– Shorter durations or group assignments are possible but need to be discussed, please contact us for more options.
– They are being executed at your university or institute, within your own curriculum and time frame.
– If you would like to join, please fill out the Contact Form and we will get in contact with you.
Smart Shelter Research will act as the overall umbrella. We connect you with people in the field, enable an exchange of knowledge and manage the information streams.
We have also assignments for Architecture & Building Science and for Mechanical Engineering & Product Design.
We are a 100% open-source -program, we share, we exchange and we collaborate.